Ham with Glazed Pineapple is a wonderful combination of delicious meat and syrup glazed pineapple. The vegetable side of sweet potato, steamed asparagus or green beans would be a great supplement.
Total Time to Cook 4 Servings of Ham with Glazed Pineapple – 15 min.!
- Cooking spray
- 1 (1-pound) slice 25%-less-sodium ham, cut into 4 pieces
- prechopped fresh pineapple (refrigerated) cut into bite-sized pieces: 2 cups
- Viking Farms Maple Syrup: 2 tablespoons
- curry powder: 1/2 teaspoon
- butter: 1 tablespoon
- Viking Farms Maple Sugar: 1 tablespoon
Instructions for Ham with Glazed Pineapple
Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add ham; cook 4 minutes on each side or until browned. Remove from pan; keep warm.
Combine and toss well pineapple, syrup, and curry powder.
Melt butter in the pan over medium heat; add pineapple mixture. Cook 4 minutes or until pineapple is tender, stirring frequently. Add maple sugar; cook 1 minute or until sugar melts. Serve glazed pineapple over ham.
More ideas on how to highlight your Meat and Fish dishes!
- Viking Farms Maple Dark Color and Robust Taste Syrup for pork, poultry, and salmon marinades, roasting, glazing;
- Try Viking Farms Maple Very Dark Color and Strong Taste Syrup for Beef, brines, braises, smoking, sauces, BBQ and grill;
- Use 1 tbsp of Viking Farms Maple for every ½ cup of liquid or oil;
- Viking Farms Maple Sugar for a base for a dry spice rub for chicken, pork or smoked meats;
- Let Viking Farms Maple marinate for at least 12 hours for the best deep maple flavor;
- If you don’t have a lot of marinating time, finish your cooked vegetables and meats with a quick drizzle of maple to make it burst with maple flavor!