Maple-Balsamic Salmon is a dinner meal, which can be served every day, but you will never get tired of it! Despite an easy recipe, the result is very sophisticated. Balanced taste of salmon fillets, complimented by balsamic vinegar and maple syrup, fills you up with satisfaction and gourmet harmony.
Total Time to Make 3 Servings of Maple-Balsamic Salmon – 40 min.
Ingredients for Maple-Balsamic Salmon
- olive oil: 3 tablespoons (divided)
- salt: 1 teaspoon (divided)
- salmon fillet: 1-pound
- balsamic vinegar: 1/4 cup
- Viking Farms Maple Syrup: 1/4 cup
- orange zest: 1 teaspoon
- fresh orange juice: 2 tablespoons
- fresh ginger (minced): 1 teaspoon
- 1 garlic clove (minced)
Preheat broiler to cook Maple-Balsamic Salmon.
Evenly drizzle olive oil (2 tablespoons) and salt (½ teaspoon) over the salmon fillet.
In a small bowl, whisk vinegar, maple syrup, orange zest, orange juice, ginger, garlic, and remaining salt. Pour half of the mixture over the salmon and let marinate for 15 minutes.
Pour in a small saucepan the remaining vinegar mixture and simmer over low heat for 5 minutes until thickened slightly.
Take remaining olive oil and coat a baking sheet. Place fish to the pan. Broil 8-9 minutes, or until the Maple-Balsamic Salmon easily flakes with a fork. Drizzle reduced the sauce over salmon and serve while warm.
More ideas on how to highlight your Meat and Fish dishes!
- Viking Farms Maple Dark Color and Robust Taste Syrup for pork, poultry and salmon marinades, roasting, glazing;
- Try Viking Farms Maple Very Dark Color and Strong Taste Syrup for Beef, brines, braises, smoking, sauces, BBQ and grill;
- Use 1 tbsp of Viking Farms Maple for every ½ cup of liquid or oil;
- Viking Farms Maple Sugar for a base for a dry spice rub for chicken, pork or smoked meats;
- Let Viking Farms Maple marinate for at least 12 hours for the best deep maple flavor;
- If you don’t have a lot of marinating time, finish your cooked vegetables and meats with a quick drizzle of maple to make it burst with maple flavor!