Maple Buckwheat Crêpes are delicious and quick snack. Two flours combination creates wonderful smooth taste, which goes well with any kind of filling. In the morning if there is a lack of time just serve the pancakes with butter, jam, or maple syrup and enjoy!
Total Time to Cook 8 to 10 Maple Buckwheat Crêpes – 30 min.
- 3 eggs
- all-purpose flour: 1/3 cup
- buckwheat flour: 1/3 cup
- whole milk: 1 cup
- Viking Farms Maple Syrup: 1 teaspoon
- melted butter: 2 tablespoons
- additional Viking Farms Maple Syrup
Take a blender and whirl eggs, all-purpose and buckwheat flours, and milk and syrup until smooth. Remember that buckwheat flour may settle as batter stands, so stir before cooking if necessary.
Set a nonstick frying pan over medium-high heat. When the pan is hot enough, brush the bottom with butter.
Lift pan from heat and pour in 1/4 cup batter; immediately tilt pan and swirl batter to coat bottom. Crêpe should set at once and form tiny bubbles. Set the pan back over heat and cook crêpe 1 to 3 minutes until lightly browned at the edge and dry-looking on the surface. Run a spatula under crêpe edge to loosen, turn crêpe over.
Serve immediately with additional maple syrup to pour from the top. To make it chic add goat cheese to the Maple Buckwheat Crêpes and enjoy the wonderful breakfast meal.
Useful VermontMapleSyrup tips to make your desserts even tastier!
- 1 cup brown or white sugar = 1 cup Viking Farms maple sugar;
- Use Viking Farms Maple Syrup in place of vanilla extract or liquors (like bourbon);
- Avoid using Viking Farms Maple with brown sugar or molasses;
- Viking Farms Maple for a syrup soak for cakes;
- Use Viking Farms Maple Sugar for coating and garnishing cookies, donuts, pies & cakes;
- Drizzle Viking Farms Maple Syrup over hot baked pastry dough (like pie dough or puff pastry) for an instant pastry glaze;
- Make your bakery shines with a Viking Farms Maple Syrup glaze!