If people tell you they are not keen on pears, it means they have never tried the sweet and tender dessert – Maple Butter Pears with Almond! Elegant breakfast or sophisticated dessert – this dish is an excellent choice whenever you decide to taste something special.
Total Time to prepare 4 servings – 45 min
Preparing: 15 min. + Baking: 30 min.
- 3 peeled and cubed pears
- sliced almonds: 1/4 cup
- toasted wheat germ: 2 tablespoons
- Viking Farms Maple Syrup: 2 tablespoons
- butter (melted): 1 tablespoon
- vanilla extract: 1/2 teaspoon
- vanilla yogurt: 1-1/2 cups (12 ounces)
- Viking Farms Maple Syrup: 4-1/2 teaspoons
While mixing ingredients, turn on the oven to preheat it to 350°. Take the first six prepared ingredients and combine them in a big bowl. When the pear-mixture is ready, transfer it to a greased 1-qt. baking dish. Put the dish to the oven and start baking uncovered, at 350° for half an hour or until pears are slightly soft and tender.
While waiting, let us combine vanilla yogurt with maple syrup to get the light topping.
When the Pears are ready, cool them a bit down and pour over the maple-vanilla topping. Or, just serve it separately in a small bowl along with the main dish!
Believe, this easy recipe of Maple Butter Pears will surprise you with both complex and light flavor!
Useful VermontMapleSyrup tips to make your dishes even tastier!
- 1 cup brown or white sugar = 1 cup Viking Farms maple sugar;
- Use Viking Farms Maple Syrup in place of vanilla extract or liquors (like bourbon);
- Avoid using Viking Farms Maple with brown sugar or molasses;
- Use Viking Farms Maple for a syrup soak for cakes;
- Use Viking Farms Maple Sugar for coating and garnishing cookies, donuts, pies & cakes;
- Drizzle Viking Farms Maple Syrup over hot baked pastry dough (like pie dough or puff pastry) for an instant pastry glaze;
- Make your bakery shines with a Viking Farms Maple Syrup glaze!