Enjoy a delicious yeast cake that goes perfectly well with favorite hot drink and has a pretty shape of puffy rings. Bake it and share with your friends! After they tried the pastry, there is a little time to wait until your mates ask for more.
Total time to make two cake-rings
Preparation: 40 min. + Bake: 25 min.
- all-purpose flour: 3-1/4 to 3-1/2 cups
- Viking Farms Maple Sugar: 3 tablespoons
- salt: 1/2 teaspoon
- active dry yeast: 1 package
- whole milk: 3/4 cup
- butter: 1/4 cup
- 2 eggs
- brown sugar: 1/3 cup
- Viking Farms Maple Sugar: 1/4 cup
- softened butter: 3 tablespoons
- Viking Farms Maple Syrup: 3 tablespoons
- all-purpose flour: 4-1/2 teaspoons
- cinnamon: 3/4 teaspoon
- maple flavoring: 3/4 teaspoon
- chopped walnuts: 1/3 cup
- confectioners’ sugar: 1/2 cup
- maple flavoring: 1/4 teaspoon
- whole milk: 2 to 3 teaspoons
Take a bowl that is big enough to combine dry ingredients: 1-1/2 cups flour, sugar, salt and yeast.
Then take a saucepan and heat milk and butter. When the temperature reached 120°, add this milky mixture to dry ingredients. Start to beat until moistened.
The next step to cook swwet pastry is to add eggs and beat it again on medium speed for 2 minutes.
Stir in enough flour to get a pretty firm dough. Floured the surface and turn the dough onto it. Knead our beautiful texture until smooth and elastic – it will take 5-7 minutes. When you have the desired result, place the dough into a greased bowl, turning it over once to grease the top as well. Cover our bowl with a towel and let the dough rise until it doubled in a warm place. It usually takes little longer than an hour.
In a bowl combine seven ingredients to prepare the filling for our maple pastry. Beat them for about 2 minutes.
When dough has risen – punch it down; turn it onto a lightly floured surface and divide in two halves. Roll each half into a 16×8-in. rectangle.
And now the most pleasant part – spread the filling on the top of two rolled halves not reaching the edges. After it – sprinkle the spread filling mass with chopped walnuts.
Now form our cakes by rolling them up in jellyroll style. To get the right effect start with a long side.
Sharp knife will help you to cut each roll in half lengthwise. Open halves so cut side is up and carefully twist two ropes together. Transfer to 2 greased 9-in. round baking pans, make circles, tuck ends under and pinch to seal. Use the towel again to cover them and let rise in a warm place. It should take about 40 minutes.
Bake our twists at 350° for 25-30 minutes. When the color turns into golden brown – take them out and let cool down.
Take confectioners’ sugar, combine it with maple flavoring and milk to reach the consistency you like – drizzle it over warm twists!
So, now it is time to prepare a cup of aroma coffee and enjoy your hotty ready-made cake!
Useful VermontMapleSyrup tips to make your dishes even tastier!
- 1 cup brown or white sugar = 1 cup Viking Farms maple sugar;
- Use Viking Farms Maple Syrup in place of vanilla extract or liquors (like bourbon);
- Avoid using Viking Farms Maple with brown sugar or molasses;
- Use Viking Farms Maple for a syrup soak for cakes;
- Use Viking Farms Maple Sugar for coating and garnishing cookies, donuts, pies & cakes;
- Drizzle Viking Farms Maple Syrup over hot baked pastry dough (like pie dough or puff pastry) for an instant pastry glaze;
- Make your bakery shines with a Viking Farms Maple Syrup glaze!