Maple Sweet Potatoes with Pecans is an easy, tasty and healthy recipe with the perfect flavors combination. Sugar and maple syrup create a delicious glaze for this bright side dish. Crunchy pecans are the final touch this meal needs to become one of your favorite ones.
Total Time to Cook Maple Sweet Potatoes with Pecans – 40 min.!
- 2 sweet potatoes (large (2 pounds), peeled)
- salt: 1/2 teaspoon
- olive oil: 1 tablespoon
- Cooking spray
- pecans (finely chopped): 2 tablespoons
- Viking Farms Maple Sugar: 1 tablespoon
- Viking Farms Maple Syrup: 2 tablespoons
- butter (cut into small pieces): 1 tablespoon
Turn on an oven and preheat it to 450°.
Cut sweet potatoes into 1/2-inch pieces. Then prepare a large heavy-duty zip-top plastic bag and place sweet potato pieces inside. Sprinkle with salt and drizzle with oil. Seal the bag; toss to coat.
Take out the potato from the bag and place coated with salt and oil pieces on a foil-lined baking sheet coated with cooking spray.
Bake at 450° for 35 minutes or until browned.
In a serving bowl place pecans and next 3 ingredients. Add potato; toss gently until coated.
Serve immediately while still warm!
More advanced ways of using Viking Farms Maple Syrup with Vegetables!
- Viking Farms Maple Amber Color and Rich Taste Syrup for most vegetables: maple glazed carrots or beets, maple roasted acorn squash, maple bread and butter pickles;
- Try to use ½ cup of Viking Farms Maple for every 2 cups of vegetables for glazing;
- Use Viking Farms Maple Dark Color and Robust Taste Syrup for bitter vegetables like maple glazed or roasted brussels sprouts;
- Use Viking Farms Maple Dark Color and Robust Taste Syrup for butternut squash or French onion soup!