Vermont Style Oatmeal Pie is so easy to prepare but it brings so much joy! Vermont is famous for its fine maple products that is why to make it tastes like Vermont, maple syrup is a key ingredient in this wonderful pie!
Total Time to make the Vermont Maple Pie: 1 hour
Preparing: 10 min. + Baking: 50 min.
- pastry for single-crust pie (9 inches)
- 4 eggs
- Viking Farms Maple Sugar: 1 cup
- all-purpose flour: 3 tablespoons
- cinnamon (grounded): 1 teaspoon
- salt: 1/2 teaspoon
- quick-cooking oats: 1 cup
- corn syrup: 3/4 cup
- Viking Farms Maple Syrup: 1/2 cup
- butter (melted): 1/4 cup
- vanilla extract: 3 teaspoons
- shredded coconut (sweetened): 1 cup
We will start our Vermont Style Oatmeal Pie with rolling the dough to a circle (about 1/8-in.-thick) on a lightly floured surface. Then transfer it to a 9-in. pie plate and trim to 1/2 in. beyond the rim of plate; flute edge.
Mix flour, eggs, sugar, cinnamon and salt in a large bowl. Stir in the mixture oats, butter, syrups and vanilla, pour into crust.
Cover the Vermont Style Oatmeal Pie with shredded coconut.
Preheat an oven to 350° and bake the Pie for 50-60 minutes or until set. If necessary, protect the edge with foil from over-browning during the last 15 minutes. Cool the Vermont Style Oatmeal Pie on a wire rack.
Maple, vanilla and coconut flavors create an unforgettable taste combination, which wins people’s hearts!
Useful VermontMapleSyrup tips to make your pastry even tastier!
- 1 cup brown or white sugar = 1 cup Viking Farms maple sugar;
- Use Viking Farms Maple Syrup in place of vanilla extract or liquors (like bourbon);
- Avoid using Viking Farms Maple with brown sugar or molasses;
- Viking Farms Maple for a syrup soak for cakes;
- Use Viking Farms Maple Sugar for coating and garnishing cookies, donuts, pies & cakes;
- Drizzle Viking Farms Maple Syrup over hot baked pastry dough (like pie dough or puff pastry) for an instant pastry glaze;
- Make your bakery shines with a Viking Farms Maple Syrup glaze!