Last Updated on
Healthy Breakfast, full of taste and nutrients, is the best way to start your day! Have a little spare time in the morning to cook Baked Apples with Oatmeal. This easy recipe is not boring! The filling of delicious ingredients including butter, maple syrup, walnuts, cinnamon, and nutmeg will melt inside the apples and create an unforgettable morning mood!
Total Time to Cook 4 servings of Healthy Breakfast – 30 min.
- 4 Honeycrisp apples (or any sweet apples)
- butter: 6 tablespoons
- Viking Farms Maple Syrup: ½ cup
- old-fashioned oats: 1 cup
- cinnamon (grounded): 1 teaspoon
- nutmeg (grounded): 1 teaspoon
- salt: ¼ teaspoon
- Viking Farms Maple Sugar: ¼ cup
- walnuts (toasted and chopped): ¾ cup, divided
Turn on the oven and preheat it to 375°F.
Using an apple corer or a paring knife, cut a circle around the stem three-quarters of the way down through each apple. With a spoon scoop out the filling. Chop and reserve the remaining scooped-out apple.
In a saucepan melt the butter. Remove from heat and stir in maple syrup. Brush butter mixture on the inside of the apples. You need to reserve ¼ cup of the mixture to drizzle over the Baked Apples, the core of our Healthy Breakfast.
Combine oats, apple chunks, the remaining water, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce to a simmer and cook for 8 minutes. Most of the liquid should be absorbed. Stir in maple sugar and chopped walnuts (½ cup). Remove from heat.
Evenly divide the oatmeal mixture between the apples. Top with remaining walnuts and bake for 15 minutes.
Serve our Healthy Breakfast with Baked Apples and Oatmeal warm, right out of the oven, with a final drizzle of butter.
Useful VermontMapleSyrup tips to make your pastry even tastier!
- 1 cup brown or white sugar = 1 cup Viking Farms maple sugar;
- Use Viking Farms Maple Syrup in place of vanilla extract or liquors (like bourbon);
- Avoid using Viking Farms Maple with brown sugar or molasses;
- Viking Farms Maple for a syrup soak for cakes;
- Use Viking Farms Maple Sugar for coating and garnishing cookies, donuts, pies & cakes;
- Drizzle Viking Farms Maple Syrup over hot baked pastry dough (like pie dough or puff pastry) for an instant pastry glaze;
- Make your bakery shines with a Viking Farms Maple Syrup glaze!