Last Updated on
French Maple Cookies with cinnamon are easy to cook tasty pastry that you and all around you will appreciate.
Total Time to make a dozen – 1 hour 40 min.
Preparing: 25 min. + Chilling: 60 min. + Baking: 15 min.
Ingredients for French Maple Cookies
- all-purpose flour: 1-1/4 cups
- whole wheat flour: 1 cup
- butter (softened): 3/4 cup
- 1 egg
- Viking Farms Maple Sugar (divided): 3/4 cup
- brown sugar: 1/2 cup
- corn syrup: 1/3 cup
- Viking Farms Maple Syrup: 2 teaspoons
- vanilla extract: 2 teaspoons
- cinnamon (grounded): 2 teaspoons
- baking soda: 1 teaspoon
- salt: 1/2 teaspoon
Prepare a large bowl and cream butter, 1/2 cup maple sugar and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in an egg, corn syrup, vanilla and maple syrup.
Whisk remaining ingredients in another bowl and gradually beat into creamed mixture. The dough for French Maple Cookies is ready.
Cover the dough and put it to the fridge for about an hour, until firm enough to shape rolls for maple cookies.
Turn on the oven and preheat it to 375° to bake our French Maple Cookies.
Take a shallow bowl and place remaining sugar in it. Shape dough into medium balls and roll in sugar.
Place on parchment paper-lined baking sheets 2 in. apart. Bake French Maple Cookies 11-13 minutes until edges are golden brown. Remove from pans to cool.
Useful VermontMapleSyrup tips to make your pastry even tastier!
- 1 cup brown or white sugar = 1 cup Viking Farms maple sugar;
- Use Viking Farms Maple Syrup in place of vanilla extract or liquors (like bourbon);
- Avoid using Viking Farms Maple with brown sugar or molasses;
- Viking Farms Maple for a syrup soak for cakes;
- Use Viking Farms Maple Sugar for coating and garnishing cookies, donuts, pies & cakes;
- Drizzle Viking Farms Maple Syrup over hot baked pastry dough (like pie dough or puff pastry) for an instant pastry glaze;
- Make your bakery shines with a Viking Farms Maple Syrup glaze!