Maple-Banana Bread with Walnuts is a gluten-free quick bread recipe, made of harmonious bananas and walnuts blend wrapped in the sweetness of pure maple syrup. It makes an easy breakfast treat or a wholesome after-school snack.
Total Time to Cook Maple-Banana Bread with Walnuts – 2 hours
- brown rice flour: about 1 cup (4.6 ounces)
- white rice flour: about 1/4 cup (1.3 ounces)
- sweet white sorghum flour: about 1/4 cup (1.05 ounces)
- xanthan gum: 1 1/2 teaspoons
- baking soda: 1 teaspoon
- baking powder: 1 teaspoon
- cinnamon (grounded): 1/2 teaspoon
- salt: 1/4 teaspoon
- 2 medium ripe banana (mashed): about 1 cup
- sugar: 1/2 cup
- Viking Farms Maple Syrup: 1/3 cup
- butter (melted): 1/4 cup
- plain fat-free yogurt: 1/4 cup
- vanilla extract: 1 teaspoon
- 2 eggs (lightly beaten)
- Cooking spray
- walnuts (chopped): 1/4 cup
Turn on an oven and preheat it to 350°.
Weigh or lightly spoon flours into dry measuring cups; level with a knife. In a medium bowl stir with a whisk flours, xanthan gum, and next 4 ingredients (through salt).
In a medium bowl beat with a mixer at medium speed banana and next 6 ingredients (through eggs) until blended. Gradually add flour mixture, beating at low speed until smooth.
Pour batter into a 9 x 5-inch loaf pan coated with cooking spray, and sprinkle with walnuts. Bake at 350° for 1 hour or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 15 minutes in pan on a wire rack; remove from pan.
Enjoy homemade delicious and healthy Maple-Banana Bread with Walnuts.
Useful VermontMapleSyrup tips to make your pastry even tastier!
- 1 cup brown or white sugar = 1 cup Viking Farms maple sugar;
- Use Viking Farms Maple Syrup in place of vanilla extract or liquors (like bourbon);
- Avoid using Viking Farms Maple with brown sugar or molasses;
- Viking Farms Maple for a syrup soak for cakes;
- Use Viking Farms Maple Sugar for coating and garnishing cookies, donuts, pies & cakes;
- Drizzle Viking Farms Maple Syrup over hot baked pastry dough (like pie dough or puff pastry) for an instant pastry glaze;
- Make your bakery shines with a Viking Farms Maple Syrup glaze!