Last Updated on
Butternut Squash has its own lovers and haters! But if you treat the opponents with the following dish they surely will reconsider their attitude!
Total Time to make 8 servings – 1 hour
Preparing: 20 min. + Baking: 40 min.
- sourdough bread (cubed): 4 cups
- olive oil: 5 tablespoons
- 1 butternut squash (peeled and cut)
- salt, grounded ginger, cumin and pepper: 1/2 teaspoon each
- salted pumpkin seeds (shelled): 1 cup
- 4 shallots (chopped): about 1/2 cup
- red wine vinegar: 1/3 cup
- Viking Farms Maple Syrup: 1/4 cup
- horseradish (prepared): 2 tablespoons
- salt, pepper: 1/2 teaspoon each
- dried rosemary (crushed): 1/4 teaspoon
- olive oil: 1/4 cup
Turn on the oven and preheat it to 425°. Place prepared cubed bread in a 15x10x1-in. baking pan and toss the cubes with oil (2 tablespoons). Put in the hot oven, while baking (10-15 minutes) stirring twice.
Mix seasonings and remaining oil (3 tablespoons). Place cut Butternut Squash in a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Drizzle the oil dressing over the squash and toss. Roast 40-45 minutes, stirring occasionally, until Butternut Squash little brown and tender.
Combine the first six dressing ingredients in a saucepan, heat through, stirring to blend. Stop heating, gradually whisk in oil until blended.
Put all Butternut Squash ingredients – bread cubes, squash, pumpkin seeds and shallots in a large bowl. Drizzle 1/2 cup dressing over salad and toss to combine.
By adding boiled or grilled chicken to the dish, you get another wonderful variation of Butternut Squash salad!
The ingredients here are super healthy and delicious. All together, they create a bright, colorful plate, which fills you up with energy and positive emotions!
More advanced ways of using Viking Farms Maple Syrup with Vegetables!
- Viking Farms Maple Amber Color and Rich Taste Syrup for most vegetables: maple glazed carrots or beets, maple roasted acorn squash, maple bread and butter pickles;
- ½ cup of Viking Farms Maple Syrup for every 2 cups of vegetables for glazing;
- Use Viking Farms Maple Dark Color and Robust Taste Syrup for bitter vegetables like maple glazed or roasted brussels sprouts;
- Dark Color and Robust Taste Viking Farms Syrup for butternut squash or French onion soup!