Last Updated on
Homemade Banana Bread is a perfect choice for hearty and healthy breakfast! By adding maple syrup and your favorite nuts (pecans in our case) to the recipe, you create more interesting bread texture and complex its flavor characteristics.
Total Time to cook a loaf of Maple Banana Bread – 90 min.
Preparing: 40 min. + Baking: 50 min.
- softened butter: 1/2 cup
- Viking Farms Maple Sugar or brown sugar: 1/2 cup
- 2 eggs
- 2 smashed ripe bananas
- sour cream: 1/2 cup
- Viking Farms Maple Syrup: 1/3 cup
- vanilla extract: 1 teaspoon
- all-purpose flour: 2 cups
- baking powder: 1 teaspoon
- baking soda: 1 teaspoon salt: 1 teaspoon
- pecans (chopped): 1 cup
- all-purpose flour: 2 tablespoons
- Viking Farms Maple Sugar: 2 tablespoons
- brown sugar: 1 tablespoon
- softened butter: 1 tablespoon
- cinnamon (grounded): 1/8 teaspoon
- pecans (chopped): 2 tablespoons
As usual, when we are baking something let’s turn on the oven and preheat it to 350°. While waiting the oven to be hot enough, in a big bowl combine cream butter with brown sugar until the mix is light and fluffy. Add eggs to the mixture, one at a time, blending well after each egg.
In another bowl, combine bananas, sour cream, maple syrup, and vanilla.
In the third bowl, whisk dry ingredients – flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Add to creamed mixture alternately with the banana mix, beating well after each addition. Fold in pecans (or any other nuts you like!).
Take a greased 9×5-in. loaf pan and transfer there our bread batter.
To make the streusel, blend well flour, sugars, butter, and cinnamon in a bowl. Stir in pecans, sprinkle over batter.
Baking the Maple Banana Bread takes up to an hour. You can check if it is ready by inserting a toothpick in the center and see if it comes out clean.
Cool the bread in pan for 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack.
Homemade Bread with Banana and Maple Syrup is a wonderful dessert with rich taste and great nutritious characteristics! You can enjoy it with or without any topping – it is still a highly pleasant dish!
Useful VermontMapleSyrup tips to make your dishes even tastier!
- 1 cup brown or white sugar = 1 cup Viking Farms maple sugar;
- Use Viking Farms Maple Syrup in place of vanilla extract or liquors (like bourbon);
- Avoid using Viking Farms Maple with brown sugar or molasses;
- Use Viking Farms Maple for a syrup soak for cakes;
- Use Viking Farms Maple Sugar for coating and garnishing cookies, donuts, pies & cakes;
- Drizzle Viking Farms Maple Syrup over hot baked pastry dough (like pie dough or puff pastry) for an instant pastry glaze;
• Make your bakery shines with a Viking Farms Maple Syrup glaze!