Last Updated on
Maple Coffee Cake, full of maple, nutmeg and cinnamon flavors, goes equally well early in the morning with a hot cup of something and in the evening after tasty dinner. Plus, it is perfect take-away homemade Coffee Cake or a tasty addition to your children’s lunch-box.
Total Time to make the Cake – 55 min.
Preparing: 20 min. + Baking: 35 min.
- all-purpose flour: 2-1/2 cups
- brown sugar: 1 cup
- salt: 1/2 teaspoon
- butter (cold): 1 /3 cup
- baking powder: 2 teaspoons
- baking soda: 1/2 teaspoon
- cinnamon (grounded): 1/2 teaspoon
- nutmeg (grounded): 1/4 teaspoon
- 2 eggs
- buttermilk: 1-1/2 cups
- Viking Farms Maple Syrup: 1/2 cup
- applesauce (unsweetened): 1/3 cup
- walnuts (chopped): 1/2 cup
Combine dry ingredients, the flour, brown sugar and salt, in a large bowl. Add really cold butter and cut in until crumbly. Separate 1/2 cup for topping and set aside.
Now take the baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and nutmeg – mix them well; stir into remaining Maple Coffee Cake flour mixture.
Whisk eggs, buttermilk, syrup and applesauce in a bowl until well blended. Gradually stir into flour mixture until combined.
Preheat the oven to 350°. Coat a 13×9-in. baking pan with cooking spray and spread the dough into. Sprinkle with reserved topping and walnuts. Bake for 35-40 minutes. When a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean the Maple Coffee Cake is ready! Cool a little on a wire rank and bring it to the table.
Ice cream, jams, whipped cream, creamy cheese are welcomed to be served together with our Maple Coffee Cake.
Useful VermontMapleSyrup tips to make your pastry even tastier!
- 1 cup brown or white sugar = 1 cup Viking Farms maple sugar;
- Use Viking Farms Maple Syrup in place of vanilla extract or liquors (like bourbon);
- Avoid using Viking Farms Maple with brown sugar or molasses;
- Viking Farms Maple for a syrup soak for cakes;
- Use Viking Farms Maple Sugar for coating and garnishing cookies, donuts, pies & cakes;
- Drizzle Viking Farms Maple Syrup over hot baked pastry dough (like pie dough or puff pastry) for an instant pastry glaze;
- Make your bakery shines with a Viking Farms Maple Syrup glaze!