Last Updated on
Quick dinner meal is Ham in Maple Glaze. All men love it because this recipe consists of delicious ham only in sweet-hot glaze and they can easily cook it by themselves.
Total Time to make 16 servings – 2 hours
- 1 fully cooked bone-in ham
- peach (orange) preserves: 2 cups
- Viking Farms Maple Syrup: 1/2 cup
- orange juice: 1/3 cup
- ancho chili pepper (grounded): 2 tablespoons
Turn on the oven and preheat it to 325°. Arrange ham in a shallow roasting pan and place it on a rack. Cover and bake 2 hours. If you have a special thermometer, use it, it should read 130°.
While waiting for the ham to be cooked, mix all remaining ingredients in a small saucepan until blended. Remove 3/4 cup mixture for glaze.
Take ham out from the oven and drizzle it a little with removed maple glaze, but not all. Bake, uncovered, 15-20 minutes longer or if you use a thermometer until it reads 140°. Brush occasionally with remaining glaze.
Bring preserves mixture to a boil over medium heat. Cook and stir 1-2 minutes until slightly thickened.
More ideas on how to highlight your Meat and Fish dishes!
- Viking Farms Maple Dark Color and Robust Taste Syrup for pork, poultry and salmon marinades, roasting, glazing;
- Viking Farms Maple Very Dark Color and Strong Taste Syrup for Beef, brines, braises, smoking, sauces, BBQ and grill;
- Use 1 tbsp of Viking Farms Maple for every ½ cup of liquid or oil;
Use Viking Farms Maple Sugar for a base for a dry spice rub for chicken, pork or smoked meats;
- Let Viking Farms Maple marinate for at least 12 hours for the best deep maple flavor;
- If you don’t have a lot of marinating time, finish your cooked vegetables and meats with a quick drizzle of maple to make it burst with maple flavor!