Last Updated on
Maple Syrup, Cinnamon and Nuts – ingredients, which can turn any muffin into a wonderful nutritious morning treat! Even if you are not a sweets lover, it is very difficult to resist these tasty Maple Muffins.
Total Time to cook 16 muffins – half an hour.
- all-purpose flour: 2 cups
- Viking Farms Maple Sugar or brown sugar: 1/2 cup
- baking powder: 2 teaspoons
- salt: 1 /2 teaspoon
- whole milk: 3/4 cup
- melted butter: 1/2 cup
- Viking Farms Maple Syrup: 1/2 cup
- sour cream: 1/4 cup
- 1 egg
- vanilla extract: 1/2 teaspoon
- all-purpose flour: 3 tablespoons
- Viking Farms Maple Sugar: 3 tablespoons
- nuts (chopped): 2 tablespoons
- cinnamon (grounded): 1/2 teaspoon
- cold butter: 2 tablespoons
Turn on the oven and preheat it to 400°. While the oven is heating, take a bowl big enough to combine following dry ingredients: flour, brown sugar, baking powder, and salt.
In another bowl combine following liquids: milk, butter, syrup, sour cream, egg, and vanilla. After they are mixed – stir them into the bowl with dry ingredients just until moistened.
Fill muffin cups (greased or paper-lined) two-thirds full.
To make the topping, mix flour, sugar, nuts, and cinnamon. Cut in butter until crumbly. Sprinkle the topping over the batter in the muffin cups.
The baking process usually takes from 15 to 20 minutes. Check if muffins are ready using a toothpick – inserted in the center it should come out clean.
To make the removing procedure easier, cool cakes down on a wire rack.
Warm or chilled – each piece of this pastry fulfills you with gourmet satisfaction and you might not notice when there are no Maple Muffins left!
Useful VermontMapleSyrup tips to make your dishes even tastier!
- 1 cup brown or white sugar = 1 cup Viking Farms maple sugar;
- Use Viking Farms Maple Syrup in place of vanilla extract or liquors (like bourbon);
- Avoid using Viking Farms Maple with brown sugar or molasses;
- Use Viking Farms Maple for a syrup soak for cakes;
- Use Viking Farms Maple Sugar for coating and garnishing cookies, donuts, pies & cakes;
- Drizzle Viking Farms Maple Syrup over hot baked pastry dough (like pie dough or puff pastry) for an instant pastry glaze;
- Make your bakery shines with a Viking Farms Maple Syrup glaze!