Last Updated on
For many people, ribs are a favorite meat dish. At the weekend, we can find some spare time to fire up the grill and make some barbecue. But during a busy week, it is pretty difficult to arrange. Our juicy ribs from a slow cooker may be a wonderful solution if you want to enjoy the ribs whenever you decide!
Total Time to make 8 servings – 8 hours in a slow cooker
- 1 onion (chopped) boneless pork ribs: 4 pounds
- your favorite barbecue sauce (honey-barbecue is delicious!): 1 bottle
- Viking Farms Maple Syrup: 1/3 cup
- mustard: 1/4 cup
- salt: 1/2 teaspoon
- pepper: 1/4 teaspoon
To make the sauce for our slow-cooked ribs, combine in a bowl all ingredients except for onion and meat itself.
Prepare a slow cooker and place chopped onion on the bottom, and then top it with pork ribs.
Take the bowl with sauce and pour it over ribs.
Cover and cook on low, until the meat gets tender (8-9 hours).
Get cooking started in the morning to enjoy a hot, fresh dinner when you return home in the evening.
More ideas on how to highlight your Meat and Fish dishes!
- Viking Farms Maple Dark Color and Robust Taste Syrup for pork, poultry and salmon marinades, roasting, glazing;
- Viking Farms Maple Very Dark Color and Strong Taste Syrup for Beef, brines, braises, smoking, sauces, BBQ and grill;
- Use 1 tbsp of Viking Farms Maple for every ½ cup of liquid or oil;
- Use Viking Farms Maple Sugar for a base for a dry spice rub for chicken, pork or smoked meats;
- Let Viking Farms Maple marinate for at least 12 hours for the best deep maple flavor;
- If you don’t have a lot of marinating time, finish your cooked vegetables and meats with a quick drizzle of maple to make it burst with maple flavor!