Barbecue Sauce is one of the most famous and lovable sauces in the world. Our easy and quick recipe for a homemade sauce is a great deal when you are cooking meat or fries! The ingredients are common so most likely you have them all on hand. You can use this sauce as a glaze or on different sandwiches.
Total time to cook Barbecue Sauce – 8-10 min.
Ingredients for Barbecue Sauce
- unsalted ketchup: 1/2 cup
- water: 3 tablespoons
- Viking Farms Maple Syrup: 1 tablespoon
- Dijon mustard: 2 teaspoons
- Worcestershire sauce: 1 teaspoon
- unsalted butter: 1 teaspoon
- smoked paprika: 1/2 teaspoon
- onion powder: 1/2 teaspoon
- garlic powder: 1/2 teaspoon
- black pepper (grounded): 1/4 teaspoon
In a saucepan mix ketchup, mustard, water, pure maple syrup, Worcestershire sauce, butter, paprika, onion and garlic powder, black pepper. Put over medium heat and bring our Barbecue Sauce to a simmer. Cook, stirring occasionally, about 3-4 minutes.
Cool the Sauce completely and, if there is something left, store in the fridge in an airtight jar.
Useful VermontMapleSyrup tips to make your Salad Dressings, Dips and Sauces even tastier!
- Viking Farms Maple goes a long way in dressings, dips and sauces;
- Use 1 tbsp for 2 cups of salad dressing and more to taste;
- Viking Farms Maple is a perfect pairing with balsamic, apple cider and red wine vinegar, herbs (sage rosemary, thyme, basil, parsley), olive oil, fruit purees and chili spices;
- Use 1 tbsp for 1 cup of dip or sauce;
- Great in cheese, onion, cream and spicy dips!