Last Updated on
Maple-Mustard Glazed Salmon is a simple method of cooking whole sides of salmon. A mixture of maple syrup and mustard highlight the unique and rich flavor, while set around a central fire cedar or alder wood planks allows the fish to slowly absorbed smoky aromas.
Total Time to Cook Four Servings of Maple-Mustard Glazed Salmon – 45 min.
- 1 (15 x 4 x 1/4-inch) cedar grilling plank (before cooking soak plank in water 1 hour; drain)
- Viking Farms Maple Syrup: 2 tablespoons
- whole-grain Dijon mustard: 1 tablespoon
- center-cut salmon fillet (or four fillets): 1 (1 1/2-pound)
- salt: 1/4 teaspoon
- black pepper: 1/4 teaspoon
Preheat grill to medium heat.
Combine syrup and mustard for our Maple-Mustard Glazed Salmon and divide between 2 small bowls.
Place plank on a grill rack; grill 10 minutes or until lightly charred. Turn plank over; place fish, skin side down, on the charred side. Sprinkle fish with salt and pepper; brush with half of the syrup mixture.
Cover and grill for 30-35 minutes or until the desired Maple-Mustard Glazed Salmon condition. Remove from grill; spread remaining syrup mixture over fish. Cut fillet into 4 equal portions (if needed).
More ideas on how to highlight your Meat and Fish dishes!
- Viking Farms Maple Dark Color and Robust Taste Syrup for pork, poultry, and salmon marinades, roasting, glazing;
- Try Viking Farms Maple Very Dark Color and Strong Taste Syrup for Beef, brines, braises, smoking, sauces, BBQ and grill;
- Use 1 tbsp of Viking Farms Maple for every ½ cup of liquid or oil;
- Viking Farms Maple Sugar for a base for a dry spice rub for chicken, pork or smoked meats;
- Let Viking Farms Maple marinate for at least 12 hours for the best deep maple flavor;
- If you don’t have a lot of marinating time, finish your cooked vegetables and meats with a quick drizzle of maple to make it burst with maple flavor!